6.02.2010

So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish

I couldn't get the title of this book out of my head for the past few days. I hadn't read it in years so I went to amazon.com and looked it up. The very first customer review I read seemed to hit the nail right on the head. It read like this: "This is basically the story of the young lady who figured out the secret of happiness just seconds before Earth was destroyed by a Vogon fleet preparing the way for a hyperspace bypass. It is also Arthur Dent's story. Sure, we got to know Arthur fairly well in the first three books, but he does spend an inordinate amount of time saying things like: What?, I don't understand, Is it possible to get a cup of tea? and That's it then, we're all going to die. Once you get him out of that well-traveled bathrobe, Arthur Dent turns out to be a real person-a little weird, of course, but real, rather complex, and surprisingly interesting nonetheless."  Thank you for writing this Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA)--Jocelyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn,

It's Sean (Penny's owner and your old neighbor). I'm glad I had a chance to pay my respects to Walt and stop by the wake last week. I guess we all have our favorite Zotter memory, mine is certainly him lifting Penny and letting her slobber all over his face - he loved that dog. He always said "This is the coolest F'in dog!" (Classic Walt). Anyway, you mentioned a remembrance on Sunday at the Pottery Studio, if this is going on I'd most definitely like to stop by. Please let me know.

- Sean

zotterthepotter.com said...

Sunday, 2pm, Pottery Studio