2.02.2010

Phil Day

Happy Groundhog Day,
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means six more weeks of Winter. I disagree. I'm calling for an early Spring. I saw a very frisky squirrel dancing on a telepone pole clucking loud and clear for all the squirrely girls to hear and see. I call him Mr. Squirrel. He's been hanging around my buildings for years. And, before this last cold snap, Wilma and Stella were sniffing the ground as if Spring is only a few weeks away. Before I had my Jacks, I raised bird dogs. Working dogs like Jack Russell Terriors and my Hungarian Viszla Jacob, the greatest dog that ever lived, can smell Spring's onset even through frozen snow. I'm planting early.

I am glaze firing today, I'm looking forward to unloading it tomorrow. I squeezed some new pieces in with our first orders of 2010. They are hand painted with a floral design that I haven't used for over twenty years, more on the new stuff after I see how they look finished. It has been so long since I've made these designs, I'm not sure if any adjustments need to be made. I'll know tomorrow morning.
Walt Zotter
Zotter The Potter

No comments: