1.12.2010

First stamped pot of the year

When I threw my first pot of the year, it occured to me that it marked the beginning of my 5th calendar decade of throwing. Since the seventies, it has been the same pots, the same process, the same efforts, but that is where the sameness ends and why my blog is called " Zotter The Potter...As the Wheel Turns". Everything else can turn like a potters wheel;  location, staff, clientele and markets change and have shaped me as much as I have shaped the pots: the trick has been to not let the turns and changes spin out of control.
-Walt


It is tradition for Walt to stamp the first pot of the year this way. What changes is the year on the maker's mark on the back. This is the way a pot looks when it gets stamped. Once stamped, we let the pot harden for it's first bisque firing. Happy 2010.


Our friend Darryl, and avid skier and one heck of an accountant.

No comments: